NEW for 2021 Classes
ZOOM classes offered by VITFriends to include:
Spanish, Cooking, Painting, Wine 101, Health Fairs, etc...
The classes are as follows:
Basic SPANISH - Myrella, Instructor (PR) - April 3, 2021 @ 2pm EST – (5 classes)
Cooking - Anthony, Instructor (Italy) - TBA
PAINTING - Mark, Instructor, (NC) - TBA
Wine 101 - David, Instructor (OH) - July/August
Health Fair 101 - Denise, Instructor (IN) - TBA
Each Class is $25.00
with NO Refunds
Provide the information below and an application (pdf file) will be emailed to you after PAYMENT has been received!
Message: Please indicate the CLASS you are registering for and ANY message for us.
Spanish Class - Starts on April 3, 2021 @ 2pm EST
General Class Description:
PAGE #1 - Spanish classes using basic conversational survival words and phrases which are helpful for a traveler.
Expectations and Goals
This is a five-weeks basic Spanish course.
After completing this course, the students will be able to communicate effectively to survive while traveling to Spanish speaking countries. Punctuality is expected in all the classes. Since this is a conversational class, students will be expected to orally participate in all the activities. A certificate of completion will be given to the student at the end of the course.
Day 1: Greetings and basic words
- How to address someone with polite phrases that can be used in most situations.
- Emphasis on vocabulary words that are more commonly used while you travel.
Day 2: Pronouns and verbs
- Learn how to use Spanish personal pronouns.
- Learning the definitions of commonly used verbs while you travel.
Day 3: How to ask for places of interest? (restaurants, restrooms, museums, beaches, etc)
- Use the right question words in Spanish for asking specific information.
Day 4: Interactive Questions (Multiple choice Spanish/English)
- Guided questions exercise about the covered material to reinforce what they have learned. (All questions will be adapted to a travel scenario).
Day 5: Let’s practice… Conversational Spanish
- The instructor and attendees will practice the informal speech people use to talk in Spanish when traveling.
Power point presentations will be displayed using ZOOM platform. All classes will be interactive and FUN and open for Q&A at any point in the sessions.Course Materials Required Materials
- Pen or pencil
- Computer (Desktop or Laptop)
- Other devices such as cell phones or tablets are recommended for Kahoot exercises.
- White boards and erasable markers.